Without a doubt, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It is the body's first dose of nourishment after a long period of time (8-12 hours), and it provides us with the energy we need to face the day's challenges. After a 12-hour wait, breakfast is the ideal meal to provide nutritious food to our bodies. Breakfast should be prepared to provide an excellent balance of macronutrients (carbs, protein, fibre, and fat) and micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, etc). It should also aid weight loss by making you feel fuller for longer periods of time and preventing you from craving more food until lunchtime.
So, with this in mind, I investigated and tried a variety of breakfast options that had been recommended by a number of people, but I couldn't find anything that I could enthusiastically endorse. That's an excellent breakfast." As a result, I began reading a variety of materials in order to discover the world's best breakfast for weight loss. I finally finished one after a long time, and I'm very excited to share it with you. Let's take a look, shall we?
Best Breakfast for Weight Loss Criteria
In today's world, we are constantly confronted with new challenges; as a result of my research, I've developed 15 different breakfast criteria. To be the best, breakfast must meet these criteria. The following items should be included in your breakfast menu:
- Provide us with a good amount of energy
- It should contain a good dose of protein, fiber, and good fat
- Provide a good dose of micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants)
- Enable natural weight loss
- Be easy to prepare
- Be tasty to everyone (including kids)
- Easy to digest with little effort
- Allow using ingredients creatively
- Stop us from craving for junk foods (e.g. chocolates)
- Be free from artificial sugar like Truvia
- Be free from processed foods
- Be flexible to vary its ingredients
- Be gluten-free or really low gluten
- It should meet the daily requirement of fruits and vegetables
- Be vegan (so that everyone can eat)
Many of the breakfasts we eat every day, such as cereals (high in artificial sugar) and breads, were ruled out by this lengthy list of requirements (gluten content). Out of the more than 50 breakfasts I tried and researched, only one met the criteria. What could it possibly be? I hope my curiosity has piqued yours. Let's look at the situation more closely.
The ingredients that will be used in our best breakfast are listed below. Choco Fruity Porridge is the name of the dish. But don't be fooled by the name; there's a lot more to it than that.
- Oat Bran is the best grain among all the grains and hence it makes sense to use it in the best breakfast and we are doing so. Alternatives: Rolled oats or cereal flakes which are low on sugar.
- Non Dairy Milk for example almond or soy milk. Alternatives: Water, Dairy milk. Yes, water may reduce the taste little bit but it is a good alternative. If you prefer dairy milk over water, you can use it but it is not the recommended option.
- Fruits hat contain high fibre and low calorie like Apple, Kiwi, Pear, Blueberries. You can choose any combination of fruits as you like but keep an eye on each of their calories because we don’t want to eat too much in one go. Any fruit with less than 100 calories per 100 grams is a good option. This rules out fruits like banana and avocado (these are great fruits and you can still use them once in a while).
- High Fibre Vegetables with a sweet taste like Sweet Potato, Carrot, Frozen Peas, Frozen non-GMO Corn. Many people get turned off by use of vegetables in a breakfast meal which includes fruits as well. However, as we will be blending the sweetish vegetables with fruits to make a fine paste, this option is not as radical as it sounds. This concept of mixing vegetables with fruits is not new – lot of retailers are bringing out smoothies with such combinations all around the world. More about benefits of this later on.
- Nuts almond/cashew/pistachio pieces and flaxseed powder. Flaxseed must be a critical ingredient as it is the best seed out there. You can also use other nuts and seeds as you prefer. I have taken almonds as an example here.
- Cocoa Powder This probably is the best ingredient of this breakfast. It contain good amount of fibre and protein, it also give the chocolate flavour which will attract kids. As this is the only ingredient which makes the dark chocolate healthy adding this to your breakfast removes the need for you to buy a (dark) chocolate ever again. Yay! Happy Teeth!
Okay, we now have everything we require. Let's get started on this breakfast.
- Heat the milk in the microwave or on a hob for few minutes.
- After the temperature rise sufficiently, transfer it into a relatively big vessel (big enough to mixing all ingredients).
- Add the oat bran (or whichever grain flakes) into it and mix it slowly to remove all the lumps and keep it aside for 15-30 minutes. Keep it longer if you want the mix to be thicker.
- Grind small pieces of apple, carrot and kiwi along with heated frozen peas in to a paste using a blender. (Note: if you use normal peas you might have to boil them before blending)
- Mix this paste with flaxseed and cocoa powder into the oat bran paste and mix it well.
- Now add the blueberry and broken nuts on top and your breakfast is ready for serving. You don’t need to blend those fruits/veggies/nuts which you like more than others and want to feel them as you eat. Note: For small kids without teeth, you can add these to the blender as well.
What role does this breakfast play in maintaining long-term health and weight loss naturally?
In fact, grain-based breakfasts make up the majority of what we eat these days. As a result, they have a high calorie-to-weight ratio (around 250-350 calories per 100). However, in our case, the calories per 100 grammes are 126.
To achieve this, increase the amount of vegetables and fruits in your meal (for example 100 grammes of carrots increases the total calorie of the breakfast by just 42 calories). You can eat more breakfast without gaining weight if you use this strategy. Because weight loss is all about calorie intake minus calorie expenditure, this will undoubtedly assist you in losing weight.
Another issue with grain-based breakfasts is that they are deficient in micronutrients such as vitamins and minerals as a result of the lack of fruits and vegetables. As a result, by including a variety of fruits and vegetables in your diet, you will be able to obtain a variety of micronutrients. To achieve long-term health, we need to eat 9 to 10 different varieties of vegetables and fruits (more vegetables than fruits) every day, and this breakfast will help us get started. Because with just one breakfast, you've already accomplished nearly half of our goal. In order to achieve this goal, we must consume a variety of fruits and vegetables on a daily basis.
A typical grain-based breakfast will only provide three different types of vegetables or fruits, and there's a good chance we won't meet the day's fruit and vegetable requirements.
Finally, because the majority of the ingredients are excellent foods that are used in their natural state with little or no processing, you can get the most nutrition out of it. I won't go into detail about each one because each one has its own long list of advantages. However, I'd like to draw attention to the importance of cocoa powder.
Cocoa powder is the most important ingredient in this breakfast, as it contains a lot of antioxidants, as well as a lot of fibre and protein.
It's a fantastic powder, and I strongly advise you to use it. The powder's only drawback is that it is difficult to consume on its own due to its slightly bitter flavour. You can take advantage of the opportunity to consume some cocoa because of the high natural sugar content of this breakfast. It is, after all, one of the most potent antioxidants on the market. It has a powerful chocolate flavour that kids will enjoy.
This breakfast, in my opinion, easily meets all of the criteria I set for the best breakfast. While I have not attempted to justify it here, I hope that this article directly or indirectly addresses each point.