Try making a beer can cake for a friend's birthday and see if you can do it!
Using our simple how-to guide and a convenient pre-packaged selection of craft beers from brewquets, you too can create an amazing beer can cake in no time at all!
WHAT EXACTLY IS A BEER CAN CAKE?
In the same way that a cake is made out of cans, a "Beer Can Cake" is a stack of cans that looks like a cake.
Gifting it to a special occasion, such as a birthday, helps the lucky recipient celebrate. If it's not beer-related, it can be paired with other non-beer gifts.
In the end, it's a fun way to show off a variety of beers and commemorate a special occasion, such as a birthday or anniversary. The recipient will be wowed and you'll be in their good books. Click here to shop Brewquets BEER-THDAY DOZEN BREWS.
BEER CAN CAKE INGREDIENTS
The following is a list of things you'll need:
- 12 cans of beer (you can purchase one of our popular Dozen Brews beer gift packs delivered straight to your door)
- There should be some birthday signage (Birthday Dozen Brews beer gift pack comes in themed boxes perfect for this)
- Ribbon (all brewquets boxes are wrapped with a ribbon so you can reuse this)
- Incorporate a personal message into your gift card for the recipient (also included in dozen brews gift boxes)
- an assortment of sweet treats
- A lit candle for a birthday celebration
- It's a good idea to use a chopping board or tray if you want to transport or display the cake.
EASY STEPS FOR MAKING A BEER CAN CAKE
STEP ONE: PURCHASE 12 BEER
There are several ways to accomplish this. Choose from one of our hand-picked Birthday Dozen brews to make a beer can cake, or head to your local bottle shop and let us help you figure out what beers to buy. Online ordering is available, and brewquets offers express delivery to most of Australia if you've left it until the last minute. Click here to shop Brewquets THANKYOU DOZEN BREWS.
STEP TWO: CREATE THE BEER CAKE TOWER IN
Open the box and remove the ribbon once you've received the beers. You'll need to remove all of your beers from the box.
Now you can put the unlocked box wherever you want it to be (e.g. on the counter, table or board).
The first layer of the beer can cake should be made with seven beers in an open box. Create a circle around a single beer by placing the other six beers around it.
Three cans will make the next layer of the cake. As a final touch, place one can on top of the three beers.
STEP 3: DECORATE THE BEER CAN CAKE
Wrap the second layer of beer cans in the satin bow, untying it so that the knot faces forward. It's as simple as tying a nice bow!
Are you in the mood to get creative?
The extra ribbon or confetti from the beer can cake would be a nice touch.
Why not make some cupcakes and top one with a candle if you really want to go all out? Or you can just go to the local bakery or cafe and buy one.
Your beer cake is now complete and ready to be given away as a gift!